Posts Tagged health care settings
Certified Nursing Aides are nursing professionals, trained in nursing skills essential for offering everyday nursing cares to patients in hospitals, long-term care units and other health care facilities. In the course of their employment, certified nurse aides are required to execute various types of CNA duties.
It is also necessary to understand that you may work in different types of health care facilities or perform your duties as a private duty CNA, home health aide, school nurse aide and military nurse aide but your job duties may vary depending upon the facility you are employed or on your job position.
The common responsibilities that are to be executed in various types of health care settings include:
• Count, measure and record vital signs, measure liquid intake and output and record height and weight.
• Assist in bathing, feeding, grooming and walking.
• Assist in the Activities of Daily Living
• Use Infection Control Procedures.
• Provide Safety/Emergency cares and CPR
• Meet Spiritual and Cultural Need of the Patient.
• Offer emotional support to elderly patients.
• Provide Mental Health Cares and Restorative cares.
• Data Collection and Reporting.
• Answer Call Lights.
• Clean patient’s room and change bed linen
• Proper use of bed pan and catheter.
• Additional Responsibilities Read the rest of this entry »