Archive for category Hair Care
African Americans have different hair than the other races. In the sense that black hair looks and feels more dry and thick and has a tendency to seem dull and coarse. This is something that is genetic and natural and therefore, that’s how it’ll be. Black hair is more prone to damage because it can be thick and coarse to begin with and that is why it becomes important to administer proper and effective black hair care to keep the hair smooth, healthy and growing. In the article that follows, we will take you through some of the black hair care products and methods and tell you how to promote hair growth and healthy hair. Continue reading for more details.
Black Hair Care Tips
Black hair needs to be treated in a more intensive way because it is prone to easier damage. Here are some effective black hair care tips that you should follow.
There are several easy ways by which you can make sure that there is hair nourishment provided for. The most important of these is to use specialized hair oils. Using oil in your hair and massaging your scalp with it leads to improving blood circulation to the scalp (thereby leading to hair growth), taking away the stress and providing moisture to the dry hair roots. Plus it acts as a lubricant and prevents the loss of natural oil during a head wash. Choose either herbal oils or specialized oils for yourself. Here’s how you go about it:
* Try and oil your hair at least once a week after it has been warmed sufficiently.
* Use your finger tips and gently massage onto the roots.
* Spread the oil all over very carefully and then proceed to gently massage the scalp for 5 minutes or more. Read the rest of this entry »
Stylizing nappy hair on a daily basis can be a task for many but it can be easy if you take care of them regularly. Nappy hair is nothing but Afro textured hair which is completely natural and not altered. Many people with African hair prefer to change the natural hair texture by using flat irons, hot combs, and different chemicals to get permed hair, curled hair, or straightened hair, etc. But, many times, treating hair with harsh chemicals can actually ruin the basic hair texture and can make African hair even more dry than they actually are. Altered hair may look beautiful but are certainly not natural and healthy and hence many people with Afro hair allow their hair to be in the natural state. But, such natural hair are slightly challenging to manage and stylize. But, with the help of few general nappy hair care products, it is very easy to maintain nappy hair. This article provides you with some basic tips that will help you take care of your nappy hair.
Tips for Nappy Hair Care
Given below are some of the important primary tips that would help you flaunt your natural hair, which you must be proud of, with style and confidence.
* Once you have decided to keep your hair natural, then avoid using excessive hair care products for your nappy hair. But, buy the essential products, such as, a moisturizing shampoo, a good hair oil, hair serum, and hair conditioner, etc.
* Remember that nappy hair is naturally dry so avoid washing your hair frequently with strong shampoos. Today many hair experts suggests that hair needs to washed at least twice or trice a week but that advice is not meant for nappy hair. Frequent washing will make nappy hair even more dry so wash your hair only once a week.
* You can go for deep conditioning when you wash your hair. You may also go for leave in conditioners that you need to apply after washing your hair and leave it in the hair till the next wash. As far as usual conditioning is concerned you may use herbal or natural conditioners, such as aloe vera gel and lemon extract, etc. Read the rest of this entry »